You will need:
· a square of Jade fabric at least 8 x 8 inches
· a square of calico about 5x5 inches
· a piece of card 4 x 4inches
· a piece of thin felt 4 x 4 inches
· various threads, ribbon, beads, embellishments in shades of Jade
Use the piece of card to mark a square in the centre of the back of the fabric you are using. Tack around the outline so that when you are working on the front you can see the area that you need to fill.
Complete your work and remove the tacking. Trim the fabric so that there is about 1-1.5 inches around the worked area.
Glue the felt to the piece of card, put it at the back of you work, felt side to the fabric, and lace the completed work to hold it in place. Press over the raw edges of the calico to make a square of around 3.75 inches, cover the lacing and slip stitch in place. Write your name on the calico.