Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sketchbooks

I was the speaker at our September meeting with my sketchbooks.
This was a PowerPoint presentation but I brought a large collection of sketchbooks for everyone to peruse through after the talk.  They certainly generated a lot of interest.  So much so that I said that I would do a mini workshop at our November practical evening on printing and creating print blocks.

My earliest example of artwork that I still have is from 1965 when I was 16. It is a Christmas Card design and was for a national competition for Christian Aid and I got second place and received a book written by one of the judges. The book has long since bitten the dust but I still have the card.

                                          Picture1

Picture3           Picture2
Picture4Picture5
Picture9    Picture18
Picture20     Once I started City and Guilds it became much more abstract and much more fun!!
Picture27    Picture28
Picture61   Picture71
Picture93 Picture98Picture99-112  Picture99-117
As a member of Preston Threads my more recent sketchbook work is related to our current theme. Most recently it was on colour and my colour was yellow.

skbk2skbk3
skbk5    skbk6    skbk4

No comments: