Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

December 2011

As usual we had a Christmas ‘Jacob’s Join’ get together at the Studio. It was as always nicely set out by Marion and her team.

I demonstrated ‘furoshiki’ – Japanese Gift Wrapping.  I used this technique very effectively last Christmas when wrapping gifts for friends and family.  I was able to bring a selection of cloths that I had made and  wrap a number of different items to show how effective they can be.

Our Christmas Competition was to create a 2” diamond shaped Christmas decoration.  At this moment in time I can’t remember who won the competition and I don’t see to have any images of the pieces produced.

We are looking for ward to the January meeting on the last Monday of the Month (we don’t have meeting in January on the first Monday) when we will be having a talk ‘The Story Sew Far’ by Liliane Taylor.

No comments: